Wild Apple Kennel and Guide Service

Wild Apple Kennel and Guide Service
The 2007 Grand National Grouse Champion, Winner 2008 Northern New England Woodcock Championship, Winner 2010 Lake States Grouse Championship, Runner-up 2011 Northeast Grouse and Woodcock Championship, Winner 2011 International Amateur Woodcock Championship, Winner 2012 Southern New England Woodcock Championship

Wild Apple Kennel Training Blog

This blog will try to present a running account of the training and field trialing season for the pointers of Wild Apple Kennel. NOW ACCEPTING BOOKINGS FOR THE 2015 GROUSE AND WOODCOCK SEASON WITH WILD APPLE KENNEL GUIDE SERVICE! PHONE NUMBERS 603-449-3419 OR CELL 603-381-8763.



Thursday, January 10, 2013

Summer Grouse Camp

For awhile I've had a number of people asking if I'd work a dog for them and I've declined for a number of reasons that included teaching obligations and the desire to remain an amateur for the purposes of running dogs in field trials.  Over the last few years it has gotten to the point where I run in one amateur trial a year and since the Field Trial Magazine went out of business I have more free time.  So, I've told a number of people that are getting Jack or LJ puppies that I would be willing to start the puppies for them.  If I'm going to do that and not teach part time I will have time to work a few older dogs as well.  Already have one signed up and am looking for a couple more.

I'm have no interest in becoming a handler on the wild bird circuit but would consider working a dog for a owner that wants to run it in cover dog trials.  I'd also be interested in taking hunting dogs from committed owners who want to give their dogs a lot of wild bird experience over next summer.  I'm planning a three month program that will run June, July, and August with a refresher and acclimation period in June in the yard and bird field and then regular work on native grouse and woodcock for the rest of the summer.

If you think you'd be interested in sending your dog to Summer grouse camp in Northern New Hampshire give me a call and we'll discuss details.  603-381-8763.

No comments:

Post a Comment